Today’s Top Ten at The Broke and the Bookish is Books that Intimidate me.
Top Ten Words/Topics that make me not want to pick up a book:
- Death: any book pertaining to death and afterlife as the main focal point, murder mystery books are ok.
- Celebrity Biography: Not really interested in reading about someone’s fabulous (or so they think life)
- Zombie’s: not a big fan
- Time Travel: these books confuse me with the constant jumping from one time period to another
- Love Triangles: love triangles in stories are a big turn off for me, they are always messy and seem to draw things out.
- Westerns: I will admit I like a few cowboy romance books, but I’m not really drawn to books about the wild west.
- Thrillers: Scary thrillers are a big no no for me.
- Author Stephen King: most of his work scares me so I avoid it at all costs
- Werewolves: haven’t really found a werewolf book that I’ve liked.
Could only come up with 9 this time…..