So a while ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award and it completely slipped my mind. So I’m putting up my post now…
The Liebster rules are thus:
Link and thank those who nominated you.
Answer the 11 questions posed to you, list 11 random facts about yourself, nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
Inform them of nomination by commenting on one of their posts
I want to thank Keely from IReaditAndWept for nominating me.
What was the first book you ever read? Honestly I can’t remember my very first book, but I know I read Across Five April’s by Irene Hunt a million times growing up.
Who was your favorite school teacher? Mrs. Mortimer, my Junior Year Chemistry teacher
Have you ever had a book hangover? (i.e. unable to read anything or pretty much focus on life because of a book) Yes I believe I have. There were books I couldn’t put down until I finished them.
What did you want to be when you grew up (as a kid)? Either a teacher or an actor
If you had a million dollars what would be one of the first things you spent it on? Paying off my school loans would be first, then maybe buying a bunch more books and a new kindle.
Say you had a fire and you could only choose to save one book off your shelf, which would you pick, and why? Probably Goodnight Moon because it was a book my grandmother read to me.
Are you a cat or a dog person? Dog.
What book are you currently reading? Trying desperately to read Loop.
If you could pick any book to describe your life which would you choose? Not 100% sure I could pick just one.
Many authors write under a pen name, if you had one what would your name be? Either Kurson Kilpatrick or Violet Noele
What is your favorite quote, preferably from a book? I’m not sure it’s my favorite, but I say it all the time: “May the odds be ever in our favor.”
11 Random Facts
- I’ve been writing two different novels for over 2 years and haven’t finished either.
- I’ve been unemployed for a little over a year and surprisingly haven’t gone insane.
- I LOVE to bake, but barely ever eat what I bake.
- Cooking is my second passion behind reading/writing.
- I honestly hate flying, but used to have to do it all the time for work.
- I’ve become overly obsessed with Dystopian novels, but afraid of realizing the ways the world could end.
- Hate needles but have four tattoos
- I have become horrible at reviewing books I’ve read in the past year and a half.
- I am obsessed with the Food network
- I would love to vacation in Scotland, England and Italy
- Pintrest is my late night obsession when I can’t sleep.
- All time Favorite book and why?
- Do you judge a book by it’s cover?
- Why did you start book blogging?
- What is the scariest book you have ever read?
- What was the last book that you couldn’t finish?
- Is there a character you liked in the first book, but disliked by the sequel?
- What is the one book you would want if you were stranded on a deserted island?
- What book are you most excited for in 2015?
- Who is the friend that recommends the most books to you?
- What genre do you read most?
- What would your pen name be if you were a writer?
So I’m not really sure who to nominate, so if you are a book blogger and follow me, feel free to nominate yourself on my behalf, but please leave a comment so I can see your answers to my questions…. and I will nominate 4 people:
Chrissi @ Chrissireads
Katie and Kyle @ Polished Page Turner
Quinn @ Quinn’s Book Nook
Genevive @ The Reading Shelf