- To introduce readers to this year’s wonderful group of debut authors.
- To challenge readers to read 12 or more (or less! It’s up to you!) middle grade, young adult, and new adult debuts this year.
- You must post your thoughts on each debut book you read in order for it to count towards the challenge. You can post anywhere: your blog, Goodreads, Amazon, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, etc. If you can link it up, it counts!
- You can join the challenge whenever you want.
- The debuts must have a publishing date in 2017 and must have been read between January 1, 2017 and January 31, 2018 (this extra month allows readers adequate time to read December debuts) in order to count.
- Each review gives you an entry into the quarterly (four times a year) prize pack drawings. Make sure you post the links to my quarterly link-ups. I will post these link-ups on the first day of January, April, July, and October.
- This challenge is open internationally, as are the quarterly prize packs.
- I don’t care what language you write your reviews in, I just need to know which book you have reviewed so I can verify your entry. When you post your link in the Linky, please include the title in English.
- Use the hashtag #2017DebAuthC so we can all see what everyone’s up to!
Which Books Count:
- The book must be classified as middle grade, young adult, new adult fiction.
- The book must be a full-length novel and not a novella.
- The book must be the author’s MG/YA/NA 2017 debut. (If the author has published adult fiction before, but this is their first MG/YA/NA book EVER it still counts. If the author has published a YA book before and this is their first MG or NA book, it does not count. We are reading the author’s first book for young people, excluding picture books.)
- Self-published books do not count, so if the author has self-published a MG/YA/NA book before and this is their first book published by a traditional publisher it counts toward the challenge.
- ARCs are fine, but only if you read them the year they are published. (If you read a 2017 debut in 2016, it does not count. If you read a 2018 debut in 2017, it does not count. This way, participants who do not have access to ARCs are not at a disadvantage.)
- Since this challenge is international, some books will be debuts in some countries and not in others. This can be tricky and put some books into a gray area, so here’s what we will do. If the book came out this year in your country for the first time, even though it was available elsewhere, then you can count it. I’m going to trust you, so please be honest.
- Please feel free to tweet, email, etc. me if you do not know if a book counts or not. I am happy to help you.
- Goodreads list of 2017 Debut Author Challenge books.
- Official Goodreads group for the challenge.
- Google Spreadsheet of 2017 debuts.
- Need a book added to the spreadsheet? Request that I do so here.
- If you are a debut author, find information on how to get involved here.
For More information or to sign up click HERE!